The Ultimate Guide To Working With Millennials
If you are new to the theory behind managing and working Millennials in the workplace then you have come to the right place! In this blog we cover all topics around working with multiple generations in the workplace. Here are some questions to help you get started:
What Exactly is a Millennial?
Millennial can be do different things:
- The individuals in the United States born between 1980-1996.
- The stereotypes associated with young progressive employees in the workplace.
It’s really just that simple. However, if you are interested in uncovering the history behind the term Millennial:
Learn more: What is a Millennial
How Do I Get Started?
The best way to get started or at least improve your understanding of the generations in the workplace? Here are a few articles to help you start to understand the Millennial generation:
- 8 Millennial Stereotypes Debunked With Data?
- Why Don’t Millennials Like To Make Phone Calls?
- Why Do Millennials Like Purpose Driven Companies?
- What are Xennials?
- Why Would Millennials Prefer a Better Boss For Less Pay?
- Where Does The Millennial Avocado Stereotype Come From?
- Do Millennial Care About Voting In Elections?
- How Do You Handle a Millennial Leaving Work Early?
In short, these are a few ways to break through the stereotypes and be able to work with them more effectively.
How is Managing Millennials Different Than Other Generations?
There is a lot of confusion around what Millennials look for and what they prefer in the workplace.
- Marketing to Millennials
- Managing Millennials
- Handing Career Impatient Millennials
- Handling Entitled Employees
- Engaging Millennial Employees
That should be enough to at least you get started in solving any concerns with working with Millennials in the workplace. A lot of these ideas are extracting from working with various companies all around the world helping them build cohesive workplaces.
Have more questions, drop us a note: jeffjbutler.com/contact.
Jeff Butler Internationally respected speaker and consultant, Jeff Butler helps bridge generational gaps between Millennials and companies looking for their talent and patronage. Butler has quickly built his reputation as a memorable presenter with tangible solutions for attracting, retaining, and engaging Millennials as employees and customers. Within just the past three years, he has spoken at two TEDx events and multiple Fortune 500 companies such as Google, Amazon, and LinkedIn.
Receive Insights on Optimizing your Millennial Workforce:
Create An Unstoppable Team
Discover 21 ways on how to build unstoppable multigenerational teams